Thursday, April 24, 2008

Alex wins!

Updated: Friday, April 25:

Thank you, Easton Trinitarians! Thank you, Croutons!

Thanks to those of you who voted, Alex House (aka Alex Cooke) of Trinity, Easton, won first place in the on-line voting in the Purina Pet Comedy Challenge! She is on her way to Saint Louis for the finals. They will be held on Friday, May 2nd at The Pageant in St. Louis, where she will compete in the finals against nine other comics.
She could not go to the finals last year because of the birth of daughter Grace. Now that you've voted, please hold Alex, husband Caswell and baby Grace in your prayers as they make the trek to St. Louis later next week.
Here is what Alex wrote:

Well, I was notified this afternoon that I was in fact the on-line winner for the Purina Pet Comedy Challenge. I can honestly say I couldn't have done it without your help so thank you for giving me the opportunity! I just wanted the chance to finish what I started last year. Just going makes me feel like a winner (although coming home with a check wouldn't be so bad, either!) Many thanks for all of your support as it means a lot to me.

;)

Alex

Speaking as Alex's Rector (and campaign manager?) I can say that it has been a fun to support our parishioner in this way and we at Trinity appreciate your assistance.

Here is Alex's website!

Update: Alex is flying out alone and only staying Thursday and Friday night. This means that as I write this she in the Gateway to the West! She says she will be back Sunday for Church. We can hear all about it! Keep on praying, just the same! atg+

No comments: