Friday, September 12, 2008
Father Gerns’ illustrated, simplified, and painless Bible Study.*
Do you suffer from....
...run down faith?
...the common hang-ups due to excessive exposure
to harsh or dull religion?
Then Father Gerns’ illustrated, simplified and painless Bible Study* could be just what the doctor ordered!
This new-fangled Bible Study group on Wednesday evenings is starting October 1st through November 19th from 6:15 – 7:45 p.m. (just before Choir) in the Charney Room.
This is not the Bible for dummies.
But it is for people who feel dumb around the Bible.
• … feel you ought to read the Bible but whenever you try, you fall asleep.
• … know the Church thinks the Bible is important but for the life of you can’t figure out why.
• … can’t imagine what people two- (or four-) thousand years ago have to say to people today.
• … feel that you need to run & hide (or check your wallet) whenever someone starts quoting the Bible.
• … have questions, and want answers …but not in the way you’d expect!
• … have been given lots of answers, but no one ever listened to your questions.
• … really want to know what Jesus did and taught and want to follow his example.
…then Father Gerns’ illustrated, simplified and painless Bible Study* is for you!
We will center on how the earliest Christians responded to the words, actions and teachings of Jesus.
Step right up!
Come to one, or come to all!
You'll be glad you did!
Father Gerns’ illustrated, simplified and painless Bible Study*
is open to everyone in the parish and the community.
(Fr. Andrew says: I really need a count of how many materials to make and/or buy, so please sign up in the rear of the church or call the parish office.)
* with apologies to Marshall Efron